Let's Talk About Text Neck
- Hold your phone up when you text or play games, instead of looking down. Looking down at your phone screen can up anywhere between 27lbs - 60lbs of pressure on on spine.
- Dictate. If your phone's texting app has dictation, use it.
- Take Frequent, regular breaks. Avoid prolonged bouts of texting, gaming, surfing, or reading emails.
- Support your range of motion. When you take the time to exercise, focus on movements that will strengthen your neck, back extensors, rhomboids and latissimus dorsi muscles.
- Stay hydrated. Proper hydration all day long eases stress throughout the body, from the neck down.
- Communicate with friends and family another way. Leave a voice mail, send an email from your desktop computer, or better yet, get together in person to enjoy a cup of coffee with your phones safely stowed away.
Here at Long Chiropractic we're dedicated to help our patients learn how to avoid text neck and to help alleviate pain associated with not having proper neck posture.